The Vault – The Gallery – The Future
The Yellowstone Art Museum has grown! Our standing as the region’s premier art museum has taken a quantum leap forward. Support at any level is welcome whether you are able to make a cash gift, volunteer some time, or just help spread the word about the excitement at the YAM.
Here’s a bit more about our two-phased campaign:
Phase I, $6 million – Building the Visible Vault and the Charles M. Bair Family Gallery
- This phase is complete!
- The first publicly accessible art storage facility and museum interpretive center in the region, located behind the YAM on North 26th Street.
- The architect for the Visible Vault was Kim Olsen, O2 Architects, in Billings; our general contractor was Hardy Construction, also based in Billings.
- The Visible Vault opened in 2010. The new Charles M. Bair Family Gallery opened in the main museum in 2012, and the region’s first interactive gallery to showcase Montana’s artistic history, Boundless Visions, opened in 2012.
- Endowment adequate to sustain this operational expansion.
Buy a “fish” – don’t be left behind!
( download PDF brochure )
Phase II, $11 million – Art for Generations
- Endowment to enable stable and genuine program growth.
- The path to the top-drawer regional, national, and international visual arts programming that the region deserves.
- The $2-million initial milestone toward this goal is set to be achieved in 2014, the YAM’s 50th anniversary year.
We’ve Come This Far …
- We’ve raised 100% of the Phase I goal of $6 million
- Many wonderful commemorative naming opportunities exist.
- We secured generous grants from the Charles M. Bair Family Trust, the M. J. Murdock Charitable Trust, the Henry Luce Foundation, and a challenge grant from the Kresge Foundation.
- So far, over 550 art lovers–individuals and businesses–have come on board with support to keep Billings in the state’s cultural forefront.
- Public support has come from the Montana Department of Commerce, Yellowstone County, and the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services
Let Us Tell You More
We would be delighted to answer your questions about the YAM’s programs, our positive impact in the community, and the many benefits of the arts. Our goal is nothing less than prize-winning excellence in exhibitions and educational programs. There are many ways to take part, large and small. We welcome the chance to give you more detail.
Dedicated volunteers and staff host informative events approximately each month to provide details and updates about our exciting way forward. For an invitation to future events, please contact Bryan W. Knicely at 406-256-6804, x226, or firstname.lastname@example.org . Bring a friend and ride the wave with us!