• Inclusion in the 49th Art Auction and corresponding exhibition, which is presented in the museum’s main galleries, and runs from January 19 to March 4, 2017, at the Yellowstone Art Museum in Billings, Montana.
• A special invitation to the opening reception honoring participating artists, Thursday evening, January 19, 2017.
• One copy of a full-color catalog. All juried works are included in the online catalog available on the YAM’s website.
• Widespread regional advertising and promotion of the Auction.
• One complimentary ticket to the culminating event on March 4, 2017, and one guest ticket at half price.
• Special acknowledgment for artists making full donations to live or silent auctions on exhibition signage, catalog, and website.
• Submission of artwork to Art Auction 49 is free
• Art Auction 49 is open to all media (2-D and 3-D)
• Only artists residing in the U.S. and at least 18 years old are eligible
• Works will be juried based on the digital entries. Usually, no more than two works from one artist are selected
• The juror’s decision is final
• Works submitted to past Art Auctions are not eligible
• The YAM will retain the percentage of sales you select below. The minimum is 50%. We warmly thank those who are submitting 100% or 75% donations! Your support of the Museum goes far in maintaining the high quality of exhibitions and programs at the Yellowstone Art Museum.
• The reserve you set can impact the chances of your work selling. We cannot accept reserves higher than 60% of your full stated value, and strongly recommend that you choose a reserve below 60% to increase the chance of sale. Reserves set above 60% will automatically be lowered if a piece is consigned to Art Auction 49.
• Digital images are required (slides or prints will not be accepted).
• Label each electronic image with artist last name, first name, title of work (example: Smith_John_Winter Tree Landscape.jpg)
• Artists may submit a maximum of two properly labeled images for each entry.
• Submit images by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Art Auction 49 “Artist Full Name” Submission Images, mail, or deliver images on a CD to the Yellowstone Art Museum at 401 North 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101.
• Digital images must smaller than 2MB, but at least 1MB (~1000 x 1000 pixels)
• Images of accepted pieces will be retained by the YAM and may be used for promotional purposes.
Friday, October 14, 2016 – Submission deadline
Friday, November 18, 2016 – Notification of acceptance mailed
Friday, December 16, 2016 – Art delivered to YAM by artist
Thursday, January 19, 2017 – Exhibition Opening Reception
Saturday, March 4, 2017 – Live & silent auction night
Having trouble with this form? Please be sure you fill out ALL required fields (with red asterisk) before selecting Submit and do NOT use dollar symbols. See also the PDF version of this form, which can be mailed or emailed with your images to email@example.com.
Questions? Call the Special Events Coordinator, Tanya Ruiz, at 406-256-6804 ext. 236 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.