Artists please fill out the online form below (online submissions are preferred) or you may download a PDF version and mail it along with a CD of properly labeled, digital files to the Yellowstone Art Museum. AA50 Artist Application (130KB PDF)
• Inclusion in the 50th Art Auction and corresponding exhibition, which is presented in the museum’s main galleries, and runs from January 25 to March 3, 2018, at the Yellowstone Art Museum in Billings, Montana.
• A special invitation to the opening reception honoring participating artists, Thursday evening, January 25, 2018.
• One copy of a full-color catalog. All juried works are included in the online catalog available on the YAM’s website.
• Widespread regional advertising and promotion of the Auction.
• One complimentary ticket to the culminating event on March 3, 2018, and one guest ticket at half price.
• Special acknowledgment for artists making full donations to live or silent auctions on exhibition signage, catalog, and website.
• Submission of artwork to Art Auction 50 is free
• Art Auction 50 is open to all media (2-D and 3-D) except jewelry. Reproductions, including giclées and mechanical prints on canvas, will be disqualified.
• Artists residing in the U.S. and at least 18 years old are eligible
• Up to four works may be submitted. Works will be juried based on the digital entries. Usually, no more than two works from one artist are selected.
• Artists may submit a maximum of two properly labeled images for each entry.
• Submitted work must be created within the last three years.
• Works submitted to past Art Auctions are not eligible
• Over-sized objects will be considered, but are discouraged due to spatial considerations from buyers. Two-dimensional objects exceeding 48” high x 72” wide, and three-dimensional objects weighing over 150 pounds are considered over-sized artwork submissions.
• The YAM will retain the percentage of sales you select below. The minimum is 50%. We warmly thank those who are submitting 100% or 75% donations! Your support of the Museum goes far in maintaining the high quality of exhibitions and programs at the Yellowstone Art Museum.
• The reserve you set can impact the chances of your work selling. We cannot accept reserves higher than 60% of your full stated value, and strongly recommend that you choose a reserve below 60% to increase the chance of sale. Reserves set above 60% will automatically be lowered if a piece is selected.
• Digital images are required (slides or prints will not be accepted).
• If submitting by CD, label CD with Last Name, First Name, AA50.
• Label each electronic image with Artist Last Name, First Name, Title of Work (example: Smith_John_Winter Tree Landscape.jpg)
• Submit images by email to email@example.com with subject: Art Auction 50 “Artist Full Name” Submission Images, mail, or deliver images on a CD to the Yellowstone Art Museum at 401 North 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101.
• Digital images must be smaller than 2MB, but at least 1MB (~1000 x 1000 pixels)
• The quality of your artwork image affects jurying. Submit a high quality image of artwork only (excluding artwork frame). Selections may be disqualified if the YAM is unable to obtain a high-quality image before the catalog press deadline.
• Images of accepted pieces will be retained by the YAM and may be used for promotional purposes.
Friday, October 13, 2017 – Submission deadline
Friday, November 17, 2017 – Notification of acceptance mailed
Friday, December 15, 2017 – Art delivered to YAM by artist
Thursday, January 25, 2018 – Exhibition Opening Reception
Saturday, March 3, 2018 – Live & silent auction night
Questions? Call the Special Events Coordinator, Jason Jam, at 406-256-6804 ext. 236 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.